I guess this may just be a repeat of the post I had before, but it really hit home today. Earlier today, I was randomly attacked by someone who I used to follow and somewhat respect on Twitter. This is someone who, while I didn't agree with everything they said, continued to follow them and retweet the good stuff, you know.... Normal Twitter type behavior.
Then, out of the blue I get 3 dirty tweets from them talking about how I'm a "FAKE MUSLIM" and a host of other insults. Firstly, why does it matter to you whether or not I'm a fake Muslim?? Second, why would you need to go slandering me publicly on my Twitter feed? Dubya tee eych man (sound it out ;) )
Even if I was a "FAKE MUSLIM" what's it to you? My relationship with my deen doesn't influence or harm you in the slightest. If you are SO concerned about me, by all means, send a well-meaning personal message. It's not your problem anyways. You won't have to answer for my deeds on the Day of Judgment. That is a conversation for me and the Supreme Judge.
Anyways, this is a short little rant. But do just keep in mind that you should always just do YOU. Don't let other people try to tell you what to do or change the way you think or act. Always make decisions from your own well-informed research, and not because somebody is harassing or bullying you into a certain action or behavior. Be your OWN Muslim.
Peace and love always <3
Then, out of the blue I get 3 dirty tweets from them talking about how I'm a "FAKE MUSLIM" and a host of other insults. Firstly, why does it matter to you whether or not I'm a fake Muslim?? Second, why would you need to go slandering me publicly on my Twitter feed? Dubya tee eych man (sound it out ;) )
Even if I was a "FAKE MUSLIM" what's it to you? My relationship with my deen doesn't influence or harm you in the slightest. If you are SO concerned about me, by all means, send a well-meaning personal message. It's not your problem anyways. You won't have to answer for my deeds on the Day of Judgment. That is a conversation for me and the Supreme Judge.
Anyways, this is a short little rant. But do just keep in mind that you should always just do YOU. Don't let other people try to tell you what to do or change the way you think or act. Always make decisions from your own well-informed research, and not because somebody is harassing or bullying you into a certain action or behavior. Be your OWN Muslim.
Peace and love always <3
amin sis...only god can judge me. That's the problem with old school muslims these days, they're very judgmental of other muslims. I believe as a muslim, people should focus more on how to be the best person they can be in this life and worry more about the welfare of the unfortunate people in the world today rather than wasting time judging other muslims.
ReplyDeletemay be they are not judging but reminding if one has forgotten or not known of the good things. if i am said a good thing by a person, it should be taken in perspective but not to be arrogant that i know my own stuff and do not need to listen to anyone. we all know what is good and bad and what are the consequence of every action. still being human being we need to be reminded sometime to further strengthen my belief...
ReplyDeleteI'm not muslim enough either. Never have been. Never will be. I accept that now. I recently returned to my local mosque hoping that things would be different. Maybe I had just been new and converted too fast. But I won't go back again, because I can't stand the fact that women at the mosque talk bad about me. They don't know me but they don't like me. I can't even get a textmessage from anyone saying salaam. I have a phone full of numbers and noone calls or accepts my calls. The only call I ever got from a sister was to gossip about some personal issues that someone else spread to her. It wasn't even that controversial of a topic, but it was personal and I don't think I can trust the person who it came from because I have heard them say bad things about other people so who knows what she was saying about me. And the person who called me about it wasn't calling out of concern but because they wanted the "juicy gossip". I needed a hijab pin one day and when I asked the moroccan sister she rolled her eyes and turned to her moraccan friend and they laughed at me, acting like because I don't speak thier language I couldn't tell they were laughing at me. I will never trust them. I would rather be lonely. This Ramadan I won't think about them. I will just be grateful that I'm still muslim, even though I'm not muslim enough.
ReplyDeletetrust me i know what you mean, people think im a fake muslim cos they seen me go masjid and they also seen me doing haram. Im not a perfect muslim, im jus trying.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest we shouldnt care about others say or think, there will always be idiots who are concerned about others peoples imaan rather than their own!